[Asterisk-Users] Mysql-Realtime

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Dec 29 09:48:38 MST 2004

> Thanks to mark and matthew for creation of Real-time

    Holy crap. I didn't create RealTime (just the MySQL driver). RealTime
iteself is all on Mark and Anthm.

> 1) As I found, the real-time driver is in asterisk-addons.

    Correction..the MySQL RealTime driver is in asterisk-addons. The ODBC
RealTime driver is "built-in"

> Where is the specific code about real-time inside the asterisk?

    What do you mean 'specific code'? The majority of the code for RealTime
lies in the drivers. Thats the beauty of RealTime. There is some code that
handles the registration and execution of the drivers in config.c.

> 2) Can we change the Queries and fields ?

    You can change the queries to an extent; moreso now than before thanks
to Marks changes. When you issue an ast_realtime_load on a specific family,
you get back (AFAIK) all fields in the table that are not NULL. Look at
chan_sip, chan_iax, pbx_realtime for sample API code. Or just grep the
asterisk source tree for "ast_load_realtime"

-Matthew