[Asterisk-Users] Music instead of Tunes

Peter Svensson psvasterisk at psv.nu
Wed Dec 29 07:35:38 MST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004, Steve Hanselman wrote:

> > Are the two cases different in any way? The external call comes in, goes
> > to a context which eventually leads to a Dial(...) calling the internal
> > user. That Dial call provides music to the external caller while the
> > internal call is in progress.

> The difference is that you'd have to answer the call, my guess is that it
> can't be done (by a Joe Average like ourselves), otherwise we'd provide
> useful information to callers at no charge.....

For pots lines this is true.

For isdn lines there is no need to answer prior to sending data. The
reverse path (from the called party towards the calling party) is opened
when (this is form memory, it may be another IE) PROGRESS is transmitted.

You can use Playback and a host of other connads on an unanswered line.
Some of these will automatically answer the line unless given an option
not to.

Peter