[Asterisk-Users] OT: Linux routing with T100P problems

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Wed Dec 29 07:13:06 MST 2004

> And your cheezy network image shows you have not exhibited good
> networking knowledge. You show an internet clod in the middle of a point
> to point T1.

    That cloud pic only serves to show that there is a 30 mile gap between
the two endpoints.

> Why is it you have 10.0.0.2 as a IP on the other end of a router on the
> T1 line and you are routing it out of the eth1 device.

    router1 is the main office router. All equipment in the office is in the
10.0.0.* network. And so the eth interface of router1 is 10.0.0.2. eth1 on
the * box actually goes to a switch that connects to a PIX. I can send
10.0.*.* traffic out eth1 and the PIX routes it.

-Matthew