[Asterisk-Users] API Manager Events

Dani pressec at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 29 03:08:24 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to develop a java web application that places calls using
Asterisk. Basically it has to ring two terminals and connect them.

Our first approach was generating a .call file and place it in the spool
directory. Later we found out that our app needs to know what calls are
currently held and their duration, in other words it has to know when the
placed calls are terminated. We then thought about using the Manager API,
and control the event flow to track the status of the calls. Here are my
questions:

1) is there eny documentation on the events asterisk may fire?
2) is there any way to send an especific "custom" event to the Manager API
from the dialplan(and forget about the rest of events)?

any other idea will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

pressec