[Asterisk-Users] Invalid Extension

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Wed Dec 29 02:20:18 MST 2004

> > I can dial-in and here the prompt, but whenever I select 101, I get
> > invalid extension. May I ask, is this the right way of answering
> > incoming calls?
>
> I had to change all occurance of s to 533990 in order for this to work.
> 533990 is my FWD #. May I ask how can I genearlize this using s?
>
> Regards,
> Norman Zhang
>
> > [inbound-sip]
> > exten => 533990,1,Answer
> > exten => s,2,ResponseTimeout(5)
> > exten => s,3,Background(mymenu)
> >
> > exten => t,1,Goto(s,2)
> >
> > exten => i,1,Playback(pbx-invalid)
> > exten => i,2,Goto(s,2)
> >
> > exten => 101,1,Goto(local,101,1)
> > exten => 138,1,Goto(local,138,1)

When you register with FWD, you used something like:
 register=userid:password at fwd.com/533990
where you've included /533990 at the end. That is telling FWD
what exten number to send to your * box when receiving a call.
Remove that and the 's' extension will work just fine.

The 's' extension is a special "start" case that does not expect
any digits to be passed to it from FWD in this case.

So, you can use either approach in the dialplan, but you need to
be consistent throughout.