[Asterisk-Users] asterisk CVS-HEAD is nutzo!

Gabriel Afana adtomi at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 29 00:00:17 MST 2004

I probably dont know what I am doing....thats all

But from a clean install I installed zaptel, libpri, asterisk CVS-HEAD and
asterisk-addons.  All went ok...but asterisk is acting crazy.  It wont let
me register any SIP channels, otherwise it hangs when I start it at the SIP
part.  When I start asterisk without anything registered, it starts but will
only process a few commands then it stops responding:

[root at g0 asterisk]# /usr/sbin/asterisk -r
Asterisk CVS-HEAD-12/29/04-12:27:52, Copyright (C) 1999-2004 Digium.
Written by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
Connected to Asterisk CVS-HEAD-12/29/04-12:27:52 currently running on g0
(pid = 5343)
Usage: set verbose <level>
       Sets level of verbose messages to be displayed.  0 means
       no messages should be displayed. Equivalent to -v[v[v...]]
       on startup
Usage: set debug <level>
       Sets level of core debug messages to be displayed.  0 means
       no messages should be displayed. Equivalent to -d[d[d...]]
       on startup.
g0*CLI> show version
Asterisk CVS-HEAD-12/29/04-12:27:52 built by root at g0.gafana.com on a x86_64
running Linux
g0*CLI> stop now
g0*CLI> stop now
g0*CLI> alsdkfj
g0*CLI> alsdj;fa
g0*CLI> bla bla
g0*CLI> hellooooooooo

I started with my own config files, but have gone all the way back to the
default sample files....it still does the same thing.

One quick note, on the SIP channel registration, when I register as a peer
or friend, it locks up when it loads.  If I register as a user, it asterisk
will load, however it wont work.  I have Realtime enabled through MySQL, and
its up and running and can connect and everything, but I dont have any
settings getting defined through it (via the extconfig.conf file)

I had everything working perfect for like a week using the stable
version...so not sure if this CVS-HEAD version has a lot of changes that are
making my stable config files not work or if its just not working right on
my server.

I am running RedHat Enterprise Server ES Update 4 on AMD64 platform.

I am going to downgrade back to the stable version for now....but I would
love to get this CVS-HEAD version working because I really need the Realtime
Extensions feature!!!

Gabe