[Asterisk-Users] Mediatrix 1204 DialPlan and Delay

Gonzalo Gasca Meza xomeboy at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 22:50:17 MST 2004

Hi everybody,

I have setup a Mediatrix 1204, the calls worked fine, both incoming and outgoing.

The problem here is the delay.

When I do a call to the PSTN or receive a call from the PSTN exists a delay of 4 seconds after answer or sending the call.

For OUTGOING

My Dialplan for the Mediatrix box is the following, here at Mexico we use 8 digits for local calls.

([1-9]xxxxxxx|01xxxxxxxxxx|1111|060|0xx)

I have verified that inmediatly after I dial from my IP phone, the in-use light turns on in Mediatrix but the call is not pass until the 4 seconds timer expires.

I have tried disabling the Dial plan but it didnt help

Form Mediatrix documentation....

The Timer is set to 4 seconds. It can be used to indicate that if users have not dialed a digit for 4 seconds, it is likely that they have finished dialing and the gateway can make the call. A Dial Map for this could be:
[2-9]xxxxxxT

FOR INCOMING

The same 4 seconds delay after the call is sent to Asterisk.

The problem here, is that despite we answer or not the call, once the call is sent to Mediatrix, the calling party hear 2 ring-back tones generated by Mediatrix, then the ringback for Asterisk

Once the call is passed to Asterisk and starts ringing, if we call from a cell phone,home or office the call is marked as answered and the call timer starts no matter if is answered or not.

Any ideas?

I have tried sending the # at the end with no success.

Thanks!