[Asterisk-Users] Hardware opinions?

Dorn Hetzel asterisk-users at dorn.hetzel.org
Tue Dec 28 18:00:18 MST 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 04:12:26PM -0600, Me wrote:
> Dorn,
>
>  Can you give me some details on this linux md driver you mentioned?
>
> Also, you say not to scrap the SATA drives, is this because you think I can
> use them with FC1 or because you think I should try Debian? I really don't
> want to venture away from Fedora at the moment for a few reasons.

It's likely you can make the SATA drives work with Fedora, I just
can't say from personal experience.  The md driver is a software
raid implementation.  check out mdadm (the setup command) man pages
for more info.  I'm using three different flavors on the last
server I built, raid0 for speed /tmp type space, raid5 for speed
and security, and a triple-copy raid1 for really important stuff.

What sort of chipset is your SATA controller interface?  Intel
ICH6R?

-Dorn