[Asterisk-Users] How to connect two Asterisks as secure as possiblewithout too much additional bandwidth ?

Rustin Bergren rustin_lists at datacartage.com
Tue Dec 28 16:53:35 MST 2004

Couldn't you just tunnel the involved ports over SSH?  As far as bandwidth
is concerned you could enable compression and may even end up with a smaller
data stream.  You could generate both keys before hand and very simply do
this on a *nix box.  This would probably require both peers to have an
adequate speed cpu, enough to avoid any delay added by the encrypting
subsequently causing jitter.
Is this flawed because RTP streams are on unpredictable ports?  I think only
signaling (SIP/IAX) uses 5060 and RTP streams take place on random ports.

Rustin Bergren