[Asterisk-Users] WARNING[22314]: No such switch 'Realtime'

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Tue Dec 28 15:14:33 MST 2004

> > > /usr/bin/ld: /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(libmysql.o): relocation
> > > R_X86_64_32 can not be used when making a shared object; recompile
> > > with -fPIC
> > > /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a: could not read symbols: Bad value
> > > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> >     Never seen that before. What OS are you using? What version of
MySQL?

> I am running Redhat ES Version 3 Update 4 on AMD64 platform
>
> I just installed MySQL 4.1.8 (do any DBIs or anything needs to be
> installed?)

    Are you able to use mysql client to connect to anything? This seems more
like a mysql issue than res_config_mysql issue. I just compiled 4.1.8a and
everything works fine here.

> Connected to Asterisk 1.0.3 currently running on g0 (pid = 22313)

    This is probably the 4th or 5th time I've answered this in the past 2
days. RealTime is NOT in stable. RealTime is in CVS! Get CVS! You do not
have the most recent version of asterisk. Therefore, RealTime is not
present.

-Matthew