[Asterisk-Users] Sending call to analog then to Vmail after timeout?

Me mylist at lightwavetech.com
Tue Dec 28 13:01:42 MST 2004

I have one analog line hooked in my Asterisk box using an x100p (I think that's the model number).

When I do this in my extensions.conf:

exten => 1200,1,playback(pls-wait-connect-call)
exten => 1200,2,Dial(Zap/1/5555551212,20,rTt)
exten => 1200,3,VoiceMail(u100 at lightwavetech.com)
exten => 1200,4,Goto,t|1

The phone rings beyond the 20 second timeout and never really goes to the * voicemail. I can't seem to get it to timeout regardless of how many seconds I set it to.

I assume this has something to do with the fact that * considers the call answered as soon as the zap channel picks it up, right?

Anyhow, is there a way to make the above config work and go to the * voicemail after 20 seconds if the called party does not answer after 20 seconds? Also, what happens if the called party's line is busy, have not run into this yet so I am curious.

Thanks!

--
Start Your Own Internet Service!
http://www.YourOwnISP.com