[Asterisk-Users] Callmanager 4.1 and asterisk

Keith O'Brien keitheobrien at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 11:38:06 MST 2004

I have a similar setup.   To make it easy and get the best of both worlds,
have the Linux softphones (SIP or IAX) register to Asterisk.   Keep the
physical phones registered to CM.   From there setup a dialplan on both Call
Manager and Asterisk to relay calls between the two systems.   For example,
assign all physical phones extension 2XXX and softphones 3XXX.   Have
asterisk route 2XXX calls to CM via SIP and vice versa on Call Manager.

Also, just so that you are aware you can register a SIP Linux softclient to
Cisco Call Manager if you are running Version 4.1

Hello everybody,

im newbie in VoIP, but find this project asterisk very interesting, i tried
to install and its a great sw, i really get sorprised about all of its
functions, we need to use the asterisk server in conjunction with cisco
callmanager.

We have a Cisco Callmanager 4.1 and the clients are softphones from cisco
IPCommunicator, but all the support service of our company are linux
machines, i read about callmanager uses skinny a propetary protocol and
there are no softphones from linux to talk with it, so we need to install
vmware to use ipcommunicator or the other solutions as i read is get the
asterisk server using sip phones in the linux and windows machines and
configure the call manager to talk with the asterisk server thru sip
protocol, is this the real way to do that?? is there a easy way to do this??
i found this link

 <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Cisco+CallManager+Integration>
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Cisco+CallManager+Integration

but i need to know what things to do to transfer all the extensions from de
callmanager to the asterisk sw, or if only made the changes in the sip.conf
as said in the link above the callmanager gets all the control??

or if i need to declare all the extensions in the asterisk?? can anybody
help me??

TIA

Edgar

 <mailto:6468723228 at vtext.com>