[Asterisk-Users] ztdummy necessary?

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jafferali.net
Tue Dec 28 10:19:53 MST 2004

I have got my first * server set up and serving users in three different
locations over the Internet. This is currently a test setup so I am
experimenting with the different features of *.

When I set up asterisk, I only checked out the Stable source of Asterisk
from CVS, and compiled it. I did not download nor compile libpri or
zaptel.

Now, I have internal calling and calling through my IAX providers
working fine. Voicemail (email delivery only) works fine. Incoming calls
to my DIDs are presented with a menu, that works fine. Even
music-on-hold works fine after I emerge-d mpg123 (on Gentoo).

My question is, do I need ztdummy at all? I don't intend to use
conferencing at all.

--
Nabeel Jafferali
tel: 416.491.9136 (toronto)