[Asterisk-Users] What do I need to build up DID services?

Gary gary at ausmail.com
Tue Dec 28 06:45:05 MST 2004

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 18:33:43 -0800, Christopher Dobbs wrote:

>>> As far as I know, Asterisk/Zaptel does not support analog DID service.
>>>
>>> --Eric
>>

>I am thinking that there is some confusion about DID's.
>
>The only important difference between an analog DID and a POTS line is
>that when you pick up a DID, you are sent via DTMF the number (or a
>portion there of) that is being called.
>
>For incoming calls, set immediate=yes
>For outgoing calls Dial(Zap/Gx||D(12345))
>
>This works.
>I am using this to interface an * box between a set of DID's and a radio
>phone patch.

An analogue DID within Australia is a bit different, basically its an
interface reversal where to interface to the exchange is FXS instead of
FXO.

Basically the few digits are effectively dialed by the exchange
(matching the DID).

Nowadays its normally just handled by a BRI or PRI interface where the
Called_number and CLI becomes available before call is presented.

Actually the last time I requested an analogue DID on a group of lines
(for a motel/apartment complex) Telstra refused insisting on a digital
interface.

Gary
.