[Asterisk-Users] API manager - Redirect with ExtraChannel

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Mon Dec 27 14:38:48 MST 2004

We use this in the astGUIclient to transfer an active conversation(both
parties) to a meetme room:

Action: Redirect
Channel: Zap/73-1
ExtraChannel: SIP/199testphone-1f3c
Exten: 8600029
Context: default

where 8600029 is a meetme room.

Works very well.

Sadly like most obscure features in Asterisk it is not documented anywhere
very well. But ExtraChannel in Redirect is the only way to send both parties
on a 2-party call into a meetme room so that they can be joined by a 3rd
party(without having a multi-line phone that is).

MATT---