[Asterisk-Users] Is there a way to avoid bandwidth consumption on sip calls?

Helder Rogerio [MICROREDE] hrogerio at microrede.pt
Mon Dec 27 10:03:22 MST 2004

Hi!

Is there a way to avoid being "at the middle" of communications between
two SIP endpoints? So that we can avoid loosing bandwidth with it?

Is there a way to "forward" the authentication to a IAX provider and
"transfer" the call to it, avoiding using my own bandwidth?

I've tested it with SER with some results, I was wondering if it is
possible with Asterisk.

Cumprimentos / Best regards,

Helder Rogério

Microrede - Tecnologias de Informação, Ltd.
http://www.microrede.pt

Sede / Headoffice
Rua S. da Glória, 66
1170-353 Lisbon
Portugal

Tel. 21 887 13 21
Fax. 21 8127158

***
Filial / Branch Office
Rua Lopes, 55 - C/V E
1900-297 Lisbon
Portugal

Tel. 21 814 83 72

Web: http://www.microrede.pt

***
 « There are only two types of people in the world, those who have lost
data and those who will. »
-- Richard Nixon