AW: [Asterisk-Users] IAX Registration Refused

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sun Dec 26 08:18:58 MST 2004

> >> Any suggestions?
> >
> > What does your dialplan entry in extensions.conf look like?
> >
> > Here's one that has been working:
> > exten =>
> _1700NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/mnetwork:password at iaxtel.com/${EXTEN}@iaxtel)
>
> I tried yours and at the moment i got this one.
> exten => _1700NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/iaxtel/${EXTEN:2})
>
> But i can exclude a problem with my extensions because the peer gets refused
> bevor i dial.
>
> *CLI> iax2 show registry
> Host                  Username    Perceived             Refresh  State
> 69.73.19.178:4569     mnetwork    <Unregistered>             60  Rejected
>
> By the way i'm running Asterisk 1.0.3-BRIstuffed-0.2.0-RC3.

Okay, for reference here's what I'm using today, and its working
just fine. Just checked it. (CVS-HEAD-12/15/04)

In iax.conf, I have:
register => userid:password at iaxtel.com

[iaxtel]
type=user
context=from-iaxtel
host=69.73.19.178
trunk=no

and extensions.conf, I have:
[zaptel700]
exten => _1700NXXXXXX,1,Dial(IAX2/userid:password at iaxtel.com/${EXTEN}@iaxtel)
exten => _1700NXXXXXX,2,Hangup

Note specifically the registration is using clear text passwords, and
the calls to iaxtel.com do not strip any digits. Your example includes
the ${EXTEN:2} which strips two leading digits from whatever you dialed.
(The exten:2 has nothing to do with registration, but it will cause
a problem when registration is working.)

With the above, I see:
Host                  Username    Perceived     Refresh  State
69.73.19.178:4569     userid      1.2.3.4:4569   60      Registered

Also note that in my configuration, calls are sent to iaxtel.com without
any requirements for registration.  The registration is only needed
for incoming calls (from iaxtel.com). Also the "[iaxtel]" context
needs to be just exactly that, not some other wording, for this to
function correctly. Pay close attention this is _not_ using
type=friend, etc. If you've got other parameters in your definitions,
remove them.

Change your configs to what I've shown you, stop asterisk, restart it,
and dial 1-700-434-5395 to listen to my IVR message. It will work.
Don't try to use reload on this!

If you haven't tried 'iax2 debug', you might consider using it as one
means of diagnosing problems.

If you want incoming iaxtel.com calls to go to a specifc extension,
then use something like:
 register => userid:password at iaxtel.com/300
where 300 represents a valid extension in your dialplan.