[Asterisk-Users] New TDM11B. FXS detach! We failed: 5

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Dec 25 12:18:52 MST 2004

> I just got the new developer TDM11B, but I got some problems with it.  Since
> Digium is on vacation, I figured I'd ask here first:
>
> I installed the TDM11B, but have not attached any phone lines, yet.  I just
> want to work with the demo over SIP first.
>
> But here's the story, after installing the card on a Dell SC420 (further
> identifying info comes from dmesg):
>
> FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE #0: Fri Nov  5 04:19:18 UTC 2004
>     root at harlow.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
> Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
> CPU: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.53GHz (2527.01-MHz 686-class CPU)
>
> when init runs /usr/local/etc/rc.d/zaptel.sh I get the following info:
>
> Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
> FXS device: vendor=e159 device=1 subvendor=b100
> wcfxs0: <Wildcard TDM400P REV E/F> port 0xdc00-0xdcff mem
> 0xdfaff000-0xdfafffff irq 18 at device 2.0 on pci4
> FXS Attach for wcfxs0: deviceID : 0xe159
> wcfxs0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> Freshmaker version: 71
> Freshmaker passed register test
> Module 0: Not installed
> Module 1: Not installed
> Module 2: Not installed
> Module 3: Not installed
> Freed a Wildcard
> FXS detach!
> We failed: 5
> device_attach: wcfxs0 attach returned 5
>
> I don't get why it says we failed.  I thought maybe it was the order that the
> modules are loaded (currently they are: zaptel, wcfxo, wcfxs) but I get the
> same error if I reverse wcfxo and wcfxs.
>
> I get the following devices created in /dev/zap, but none of them are
> configured (i.e. if I `cat /dev/zap/timer` I get "device not configured").
>
> crw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel  230, 254 Dec 25 12:46 channel
> crw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel  230,   0 Dec 25 12:46 ctl
> crw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel  230, 255 Dec 25 12:46 pseudo
> crw-rw-r--  1 root  wheel  230, 253 Dec 25 12:46 timer
>
> I can make asterisk run, and I can connect to it using a software SIP phone.
> I can even hear the demo, but it is waaaaayyyy choppy.  So I figure that the
> choppiness will diminish once I can get the FXS module to load.
>
> So ... how do I get wcfxs to load?

I have a tdm04b, but not with any fxs modules in it. So, I'll guess
that your asterisk code is rather old since the tdm card has been
using wctdm for some time. The driver wcfxs does not exist in the
current cvs head code.

It would be helpful to know which linux kernel (or distro) you're
using, and which asterisk version you've got installed.

Without any of that info, you might try:
 modprobe wctdm
 ztcfg

Do you have /etc/zaptel.conf with
 fxsks=1
 fxoks=4
(or something like that)?

There has been a fair amount of discussion relative to configuring
that card on the list. Might be helpful to google for some of it.