[Asterisk-Users] Fw: [digium.com #12961] T100P as bandwidth

mboehm at cytelcom.com mboehm at cytelcom.com
Sat Dec 25 09:15:04 MST 2004

Quoting TC <trclark at shaw.ca>:

> > I agree -- I must admit I added the IAXy to "pad out" my argument -- my
> main
> > beef is with the TDM4XXP card/driver.
> Nonsense the IAXy not only has some driver / hardware issues but the feature
> set make it unuseable in profession corporate enviroments
> no echo can
> no cpu for std codec like g723/g729/ilbc, only pcm/ulaw
> No DNS, bootp only
> bad provisioning
> IAXy has no security
> Not configurable via http
> single port
> price point $99, (sipura 2 port 75us), or 1 port $64

Oh wow. I didn't know the IAXy lacked all those features. I can get a Linksys
PAP2-NA for $50 that has g729, dhcp, http config, echo can, etc..etc..I wanted
to use the IAXy in deployment to work around NAT issues using IAX but if the
hardware doesn't support some of the most basic features...

Matthew