[Asterisk-Users] Is there hardware to remote control

Lyle Giese lyle at lcrcomputer.net
Fri Dec 24 08:41:08 MST 2004

I found this interesting box at qkits.com  QK108

It has 8 relay outputs and 4 inputs. It's controlled via RS-232c(serial
port) instead of a printer port.  I have an 8 port serial card in a linux
server to control a bunch of stuff.  I have apache on that server and can
control the relays via a cgi script.  I found it very easy to program a
serial port via perl and with an 8 port serial card(from Perle). You can
have a bunch of stuff hanging off it, like a 4 probe temp kit (QK 145) and a
ups and an RS-232 voltmeter to monitor the commerical power coming in and

I suspose it would be easy to take this even further to write AGI scripts
and dial an extension and let * announce the temperature or status of those
inputs and to control the outputs of the QK108.

I also use it with their K2639 to monitor the sump pits, monitoring for sump
pump failure.(therefore high water levels).

Lyle