[Asterisk-Users] SIP Multicast Support desperately needed :: Mission critical bug in Asterisk

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Dec 24 01:57:53 MST 2004

Friends!

I have recently discovered that chan_sip, chan_sip2 and chan_sipx all
lack support of SIP multicast. This has a major impact on my network,
since I haven't got the bandwidth needed to call all of you and send you
this message. With that feature missing, I have to go back to old
Internet communication methods and use e-mail instead:

*-----------------------------------------------------------*
* I wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! *
*-----------------------------------------------------------*

In the Stockholm area of Sweden we almost have no snow. I have no
problem with that, but the kids miss the snow a bit. Real Christmas
spirit seems to require snow. For me, it requires a lot of good food :-)

We celebrate Christmas today. Seems like we belong to the Santa Platinum
Membership Card Club and get priority over the countries that is
included in the gift distribution activities tomorrow.

Have a nice Christmas! Send your business phone into an endless
Christmas torture loop and go offline, enjoy an Asterisk-hacking-free
holiday and enjoy the holiday with friends and family!

Best regards,
/Olle

PS: No, I don't believe IAX2 has the multicast support either... :-)