[Asterisk-Users] error starting asterisk

Nabeel Jafferali nabeel at jafferali.net
Thu Dec 23 20:01:33 MST 2004

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Tim Lewis wrote:
> > Just upgraded to the current stable ver. when I start asterisk with
> > -vvvvvcg I get the following error
> >

> > [pbx_loopback.so]Dec 23 19:25:33 WARNING[1633]: loader.c:258
> > ast_load_resource: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/pbx_loopback.so:
> > undefined symbol: pbx_substitute_variables_varshead Dec 23 19:25:33
> > WARNING[1633]: loader.c:440 load_modules: Loading module
> > pbx_loopback.so failed!
>
> When you downgrade from CVS-HEAD to 1.0.x CVS stable you have
> to remove the modules that are in CVS-HEAD, but not in 1.0.x CVS
> stable.
>
> Either that or you didn't remove the Asterisk source dir (and
> Zaptel source dir, and LibPRI source dir) before you downloaded the
> 1.0.x CVS.

I had the exact same problem, but was in the process of trying to figure it
out myself. I did remove the Asterisk source directory before downloading
the stable version. How do I "remove the modules that are in CVS-HEAD"?

What's the best way to do clean up everything and do a fresh install of
Asterisk stable?

--
Nabeel Jafferali
tel: 647.722.8457 x201