[Asterisk-Users] Recommended IAX softphone.

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Thu Dec 23 17:32:09 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 15:50 -0800, Erik Espinoza wrote:
> I'd recommend Firefly by Virbiage. It's free and works on third party
> networks with sip/iax2 support.

Any specifics as to the why? I browsed their site and it made a good
impression, but I didn't try it yet. The phone itself though seems to
have good codec support and nice looks.

The latter is of minor importance to me, but might make it more easy to
convince my fellows to install, as some of them are long time Windows
users who tend to think that only software that looks nice is actually
good.

So, presumed you're using the phone yourself, you are then satisfied
with sound quality, robustness, latency and asterisk interoperability?

Thanks, Bruno.