[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk in parallel with PSTN

Steve Prior sprior at geekster.com
Thu Dec 23 13:44:14 MST 2004

Andrei (MPI) wrote:

> richard wrote:
>> Asterisk also ring (so that all three of them are ringing), and then
>> someone can then choose which phone they want to answer?
>

> Hi Richard,
>
> Absolutely, you can do that with Asterisk. Though VoiP telephone
> (Asterisk) may start ringing a second later than analog phones connected
> to the line directly. I do not think that would be a problem.

I believe you should note that if Asterisk is configured for callerid
that the SIP phone won't ring until your non-Asterisk phones have rung
twice.  This is because Asterisk gets the CID before it passes the call
through.  I'd like to be wrong about this, but I believe that's what I've
been told.

Steve