[Asterisk-Users] sip seeding vs registration

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Thu Dec 23 13:43:19 MST 2004

Oh, I see.  This is the realtime connected problem.
Can't say too much constructive about that without info, I'm not a fan
of it.

We need a debug trace of the registration process (SIP trace and *
messages) to debug why it failed,
not just a one-line message, and anything after that is useless, as you
point out.

However, I don't think it has anything do to with loading (or not) all
your modules, unless you're running out of memory.

Greg - Cirelle Enterprises wrote:

> At 07:00 PM 12/22/04, you wrote:
>
>> What registration failure is that?
>

> from the asterisk messages log:
> Registration from '<sip:40852 at 192.168.70.2>' failed for '192.168.70.25'
>

>> The only way to tell is a complete SIP trace of what's going on.
>

> That may be, but the point is when the registration failure like above
> occurs, the phone is useless, the calls directed to that phone go to
> voice mail
>

>> The registration timeout on the phone and in Asterisk should be the
>> same,

With this I didn't mean you need to set them to be the same, it just
should be the same
because asterisk would dictate it's own value if the client's value is
out of bounds of configuration,
otherwise Asterisk will accept the client's, and so the two will always
have the same value automatically.