[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with Dialogic VFX/40ESC plus

Dorn Hetzel asterisk-users at dorn.hetzel.org
Thu Dec 23 12:35:33 MST 2004

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 01:26:38PM -0600, Steven Critchfield wrote:

> I seem to remember that mysql made a stink recently about the dual
> licensing of asterisk. That was the cause of the mysql code getting
> pulled and placed in the add-ons sections so the core didn't have any
> licensing issues.

That's fair.  the MySQL folks do have the right to object to their
GPL code being distributed packaged with non-GPL copies of *.

They, just like Digium, offer non-GPL flavors of their code for
such purposes.  Of course, Digium, or anyone else, is free to
offer someone * and separately let them download MySQL and the
end user couple the two, and no licensing problem should
result...

-Dorn