[Asterisk-Users] Re: PRI unable to request channel

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Dec 23 12:34:35 MST 2004

I wrote:
> I wonder if anyone has come across this odd behavour with a T1 PRI using
> NI2 signalling from a Nortel switch.
>
> Sometimes, when bringing up a PRI trunk, a channel gets into a state
> where asterisk can't request a channel, and gets reason 0, but the
> channel is not busy. The only thing so far that clears this state is to
> make an incoming call to the channel, which succeeds. After that,
> outgoing calls are possible too, and everything seems ok from then on.

(please read the original post for full details)

After a bit more digging, I have found that the "locked out" channels
are showing the PRI state "Resetting". I need to find out whether there
is some reason that "resetting" is not being zeroed, or whether it is
reflecting some status at the switch.

I'll study chan_zap.c some more tomorrow, but would be grateful for
anyone else's input.

Cheers
Tony
--