[Asterisk-Users] Fw: [digium.com #12961] T100P as bandwidth

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Dec 23 12:31:54 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 13:26 -0500, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On December 23, 2004 12:58 pm, Steven Critchfield wrote:
> > Maybe some of the users just aren't up to the task of getting the job
> > done. My experience thus far has been very good. All the hardware with
> > the exception of one which was in marginal at best pieces of equipment
> > has performed perfectly and without fault.
>
> The T100P is generally good and the TE405P is solid, IMO.
>
> However we're not talking about audio and these cards.  :-)

I happen to know of at least one person doing mixed audio and data. I
even have done ISDN dialup via ZapRAS when we had to prove it worked. I
think it is as stated before, the free 1 hour of support is insufficient
to help a mildly knowledgeable user through the setup.

> > I think some users need to have their assumptions and values checked to
> > see how far from reality they are.
>
> While I agree, I also must point out
> - TDM400P - this card seems to be the #1 source of problems.  I believe the
> FXO module issues are solved but the FXS issues are still around.  Hopefully
> the same fix works.

I think this is also a case of unprepared users and a not yet polished
product. Only those doing small time to hobby deployments use those
cards. You can't expect them to be as knowledgeable as the people
deploying on PRIs. I think both aspects compound the trouble.

> - IAXy - I have no personal experience with this but the list has been showing
> dead modules recently

Out of the number of multi hundred deployments I have heard about, I
think the couple you hear here and there are probably statistically
insignificant overall. Doesn't help the specific users who are getting
bit, but overall, I don't see enough to think there is an inherent
problem.