[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk with Dialogic VFX/40ESC plus

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Thu Dec 23 11:05:21 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 09:40 -0800, Richard Lyman wrote:
> Fabian Stelzer wrote:
> > i don't think there are channel driver's for dialogic cards yet...
> >

> > On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 09:49:54 +0200, Tasos Daskalopoulos <daska at first.gr> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi there
> >>
> >>I have a Dialogic VFX/40 ESC plus installed  on Redhat Linux 8.0
> >>and looking for Channel drivers for this Card.
> >>where cann i found channel drivers for VFX/40 ESC ?
> >>
> digium had/has a chan_dialogic driver, not sure of its current
> state.  it is a payfor driver (because what it cost them to have
> intel/dialogic help with the creation of that driver), it was
> like $10-15/per channel.

Close on the complete reason. There is also a licensing conflict with
Dialogic drivers and GPL software. You have to get a commercial license
for asterisk to clear the licensing issue. Beware that I think as soon
as you get the commercial license for Dialogic, you may not be able to
use any mysql functions due to license conflicts unless you bought a
commercial mysql license as well.