[Asterisk-Users] Problem with 302 "Moved Temporarily" Do not disturb

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Thu Dec 23 11:03:55 MST 2004

On Sat, 2004-12-18 at 15:07, Eric Wieling aka ManxPower wrote:
> John Lange wrote:
> > I have some Cisco 7905 phones with the SIP load 1.02.00(040406A).
> >
> > When the phone is off-hook but no call has been placed, or when the Do
> > Not Disturb is activated, the phone returns a 302 "Moved Temporarily"
> > message back to asterisk as follows:
> >
> > Third, (if not), are there any work arounds or suggestions for this?
>
> ;
> ; Give Voicemail extension XX09
> ;
> exten => _XX09,1,GoToIf($[X${RDNIS} != X]?${EXTEN},4)
> exten => _XX09,2,VoicemailMain()
> exten => _XX09,3,Hangup
> exten => _XX09,4,VoiceMail(u${RDNIS})
> exten => _XX09,5,Hangup

Ok, it took me a while to figure out what this was doing but let me say
this is a thing of beauty and it works perfectly.

Here is the version I ultimately implemented with a couple of comments.

-----
; give voicemail at the traditional 8500
[voicemail]
exten => 8500,1,GoToIf($[X${RDNIS} != X]?${EXTEN},4) ; this allows call forward to voice mail and therefore fixes the Cisco DND problem.
exten => 8500,2,VoicemailMain(s${CALLERIDNUM})  ; by passing callerid it takes us directly to our own mailbox
exten => 8500,3,Hangup
exten => 8500,4,VoiceMail(u${RDNIS}) ; passing the original dialed number gives us the correct mailbox.
exten => 8500,5,Hangup
-----

Thanks greatly to Eric Wieling!

--