[Asterisk-Users] Realtime sipbuddies table structure why?????

Matthew Boehm mboehm at cytelcom.com
Thu Dec 23 10:10:06 MST 2004

> Dec 23 09:24:57 NOTICE[12406]: chan_sip.c:7742 handle_request:
> Registration from '<sip:52221 at 192.168.70.2>' failed for '192.168.70.26'
>
> happens with app_realtime, doesn't happen without realtime
>
> there are previous posts identifying issues with this.

    All I can say on this is that I am using todays CVS and I've got no
problems with phones registering using RealTime.

> for example, host, secret, context, ipaddr, port, regseconds
> should not be column names, they should be data points with an
> associated column to contain the related value(s)

    Why? How is that an optimization when the data is specific to each row?
Out of personal curiosity can you give me a sample schema?

>  From what I can see, i can't add a column say musicclass = something,
> or pedantic = yes like I could in the conf file and have it mean anything.

    Yes you can. If you wanted to add the following in the flat file:

[sipname]
mycustomkeya = valuea
mycustomkeyb = valueb

 all you have to do is add 2 columns, mycustomkeya and mycustomkeyb. I've
added 4 custom columns to my sip table. No problems. Granted they have
nothing to do with SIP itself..

-Matthew