[Asterisk-Users] Registration Failure Directly related to realtime

Greg - Cirelle Enterprises gcirino at cirelle.com
Thu Dec 23 07:41:14 MST 2004

Apparently, the realtime system in asterisk is faulty.

Implementing realtime, begins a host of seeding messages
along with registration messages visible at the CLI prompt.

This is not the case with .conf file configuration

Unfortunately, it is not clear where the bug originates
but is shows it's head while calling the register_verify
function, (which there are 2 one in chan_sip.c and one in
chan_iax2.c) from the error message, I would guess it is
coming from the chan_sip file, but with 2 functions of
the same mane in one program, who knows.

Dec 23 09:24:57 NOTICE[12406]: chan_sip.c:7742 handle_request:
Registration from '<sip:52221 at 192.168.70.2>' failed for '192.168.70.26'

As I have noted in previous posts, in our case, when the
extension fails registration all calls to the extension
are sent directly to voice mail. Seeding makes no difference
here.

Also, Registration Failures are sporadic. The frequency
they appear, makes no real sense.

One thing is certain. if you do not use (load) app_realtime
the errors do not occur. shortly after you load app_realtime
the errors begin.

too bad this application was written around config files instead
of a database to begin with. So 70's

Regards
Greg Cirino