[Asterisk-Users] WARNING Maximum retries exceeded on call for seqno 102

Kevin Asterisk at gtcus.com
Wed Dec 22 20:21:10 MST 2004

I am running the Stable 1.01 version of Asterisk on a Dell SC420, RedHat
9.  I have a PRI to the Telco and the phones are SIP 7960's.  Both the
phones and the asterisk box are on a private subnet behind the firewall.
No NAT involved here.

Intermittently, the users complain of the conversation 'fading out' and
sometimes getting disconnected.  I have noticed the following errors in
the log which may correspond to the call drop off's.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as what may be causing this problem and
how to diagnose the source of the problem?

Thanks,

Kevin

Log example

Dec 22 13:27:37 WARNING[1087241008]: Maximum retries exceeded on call
77a100794f
4a5f8457d17224514e6315 at 10.0.0.6 for seqno 102 (Non-critical Request)