[Asterisk-Users] IAXy playing dead again

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Dec 22 18:38:57 MST 2004

Arthur B Olsen wrote:
> So i guess were screwed. These unusable thingies are quite expensive.
> Good thing i only bought two.
> Now im really nervous about the isdn pri card i bought. Gonna try it out
> tonight. Hope its different.
>
> Is the software for iaxy open source. Then maby it can be fixed.

I hate to say this, but I have pointed out all of these SEVERE
limitations in the iAXY before, and it stinks to hear them again.
Overall, Digium makes very good hardware.  The iAXY is definitely an
exception to that.  Please don't form an opinion of Digium solely off of
the iAXY, as it leaves much to be desired.  No DNS, bootp only, Cisco
switch troubles, bad provisioning, etc. all plague the iAXY.  They are
really no competition when compared to something from Sipura.  The only
advantage they have is IAX, and that doesn't come close to making up for
all of the other problems and big price difference.  Sorry about that.

--
Kristian Kielhofner