[Asterisk-Users] MGCP Transaction identifiers

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Wed Dec 22 16:03:14 MST 2004

The criteria are published in RFC 3435, range is from 1 to 999,999,999.
there is no requirement
of starting from 1.  Call agents may allocate certain ranges for certain
groups of gateways.
Asterisk (the call agent) simply increments the id numbers monotonically
for each new request.
Most likely the gateway (your phone) will do something like that too.
My MGCP gateways are
hardly ever turned off so the sequence numbers will get higher too.