[Asterisk-Users] gumstix

Kristian Kielhofner kris at krisk.org
Wed Dec 22 11:39:46 MST 2004

Michael Graves wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:35:46 -0500, Tim Sailer wrote:
>

>>It would be a real kick to get one of these to run Asterisk. :)
>>
>>http://www.gumstix.com/
>>
>>Tim
>

> They look cute, but not enough RAM for *. Someone already has * ported
> to the Soekris 4801. Have a look at www.soekris.com.
>
> Michael

I didn't have to "port" Asterisk, the Soekris boards have 586's on them,
I just compiled Asterisk accordingly and copied the binaries.  Easy.  As
far as RAM, I am using Asterisk on a PC Engines WRAP with "only" 64mb of
RAM, and it works fine.  You can remove modules, tune some Makefile vars
to make * run smaller (I didn't have to for 64mb), and that's without
tweaking the code.  I would love to see someone get * to run on a
gumstix.  Why I don't know, but how does "coolness" sound?

--
Kristian Kielhofner