[Asterisk-Users] One SIP peer use 2 diff codecs?

Race Vanderdecken asterisk at vanderdecken.com
Wed Dec 22 09:06:38 MST 2004

Here, here,

I agree. Each channel should be able to decide which codec to try first.
This will cause more call setup messages.

1. Hi, do you have GSM?
	No

2. Hi again, do you have G.723
	No, go Fish.

3. Hmmm, do you have (cringe) G.729?
	Yes, do you have License for your Minkey?

My understanding of SIP is that the caller suggests, the callee replies
with their preference(s).

So the call setup is a little more complicated but not that hard to do,
just need some routing logic on the caller side. Sort of the way a
gatekeeper decides where to route a call.

Race