[Asterisk-Users] Another Asterisk Certification

Paul Rodan asterisk at glitch.cc
Wed Dec 22 08:19:48 MST 2004

The place it has for me is that my work is hesitant to pay for additional
training if there's nothing to show for it, like a certification.

They can't tell if I go to a $2000 training course and just goof off,
there's no tangible goods that they can see. If I got them to shell out
$3000 for my training, and I get the certification, then the powers that be
will feel better about themselves and justified in spending the money.

As far as I'm concerned, if it convinces them to pay to make me a
better/smarter person, then I'm all for it.

However, if I had to pay for it myself, I'd only consider it if it was truly
worth it. I don't want to waste hours on how to setup and install linux and
how to create user accounts in sip.conf and iax.conf and how to make an
extension call a phone, I can do that in my sleep, I want to learn about the
most advanced features in Asterisk, some of those little commands that
people tend to forget about in the day to day configuration. And I would
want to learn some very neat tips and tricks and such. If it offered that,
then I'd scrounge up the $3000. Especially if it lands me a $50,000/yr+ Job.