[Asterisk-Users] E1 card for Asterisk

telmo at n1.com telmo at n1.com
Wed Dec 22 04:27:37 MST 2004

Hello Folks,

I'm trying to decide here between a few cards for connecting an Asterisk box to a
single E1 channel (either PRI or R2 signaling):

- Digium E100P: has been replaced by the TE110P below, but can still be had at
places like digitnetworks.com for $475, and I guess there's always a place for
good-olde-obsolete cards in the world as long as they work :-)

- Digium TE110P: replacement for the above card. Costs $595 at the Digium
webstore; aditionally can be configured to work with both E1 *and* T1.

- Sangoma A101: billed as "compatible with Asterisk" on Sangoma's page at
http://www.sangoma.com/products/p_a101-102-specs.htm; also for E1 and T1, the
specs list only compatibility with CAS and PRI signaling, but a pal asked Sangoma
directly and they said that the card is compatible with E1/R2 signaling. Cost is
also $595 at voipstore.atacomm.com.

On the side of the E100P/TE110P there's my wish to support Digium in any way I
can for the nice work they are doing with Asterisk; But then, I've been using
Sangoma cards for almost 9 years now on data (frame-relay, PPP, etc)
applications, and the first card I bought from them is still working on a
production machine(!); Also, the A101 works with Linux for data-only connections
too (something I understand the Digium cards can't do at the moment) and can be
upgraded to a dual-E1 A102 for an additional $300.

So what I would like to ask the knowledgeable guys and gals here is:

1) Can anyone tell any good/bad/nice/ugly experiences with any of the above cards
and Asterisk, specially in an E1/R2 configuration?

2) Can anyone point me to nice on-line sellers of Asterisk-compatible hardware,
specially E1 cards? The only ones I know are the Digium webstore, and the above
mentioned digitnetworks.com and voipstore.atacomm.com...

I'm about to spend a fair chunk of money from my own pockets in this, friends,
and all your comments/suggestions/advice is very, very welcome.

Thanks in advance,
   Telmo.

----
SeeqMail - the only email you'll ever need Starts Here
Sign up for FREE personalized email today: http://www.seeqmail.com

http://www.Grassroots.org/ - Make Change!
----