[Asterisk-Users] Caller ID - TE405P - Telstra Onramp 10 - Australia

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:43:10 MST 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:53:42 +1100, Adam Goryachev
<mailinglists at websitemanagers.com.au> wrote:

> All looks good up until here...
>
> Note, your phone will end up dialling 00000000 which depending on your
> equipment may well be interpreted as 000 and be routed to emergency...
>
> Probably something you don't want!

Indeed.. Happened to me once.

Unfortunately I'm so used to dialing zero, I've done it from other
phones by accident. I went to make an International call, added the
zero and ended up with 00011.

> IMHO, try setting it to 342 or whatever, which perhaps is an internal
> extension that does a playback "There was no callerid information
> available for this call" hangup.

I done two things:
First change (in the Asterisk source) channels/chan_sip.c:
#define CALLERID_UNKNOWN        "Unknown"
static char default_callerid[AST_MAX_EXTENSION] = "Unknown";

Then, my extension logic has:

exten => xxxxxxxx,1,NoOp
exten => xxxxxxxx,2,SetCallerID(Outside Call <0${CALLERIDNUM}>)
exten => xxxxxxxx,3,GotoIf,$[${CALLERIDNUM} = 000]?200:4
exten => xxxxxxxx,4,Goto(local-extensions,xxxx,1)
exten => xxxxxxxx,200,SetCallerID(Outside Call <>)
exten => xxxxxxxx,201,Goto(4)

It does two things - prefixes the caller number with '0', replaces the
name with "Outside Call" (so I know the call came from outside).

If it's a public number, the phones (at least those that support cid
name+number) will display Outside Call and the number.

If it's a private number, the phones display Outside Call and Unknown.

This all works fine on a Telstra Onramp/ISDN 2 (BRI). I'm not sure
about Onramp/ISDN 10/20/30 (PRI)

> Regards,
> Adam

-Shaun