[Asterisk-Users] Minimal modules.conf (e.g. with autoload=no)?

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Tue Dec 21 16:14:41 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 16:37 -0800, Shahed wrote:

> Does asterisk or Linux actually load the library into memory, or just
> loads them if they are actually used, and then swaps them out
> when they are not needed ?

Good question I don't really know the answer to. All this stuff, dynamic
which may or may not load pages on demand only. Not sure how it works
on Linux either.

Still, let me stress that I'm myself not concerned about resources but
rather general misconfiguration resp. security. Especially the channel
modules all come with a default config, and unless you fully worked
through the whole stuff you can't be sure about how your server actually
works and what requests it will service, in a possibly exploitative way.

So, regarding the two strategies 'deny everything and selectively allow
what you need' resp. 'allow everything and deny what you don't need',
I've always been preferring the former.

Regards, Bruno.