[Asterisk-Users] Questions about VOIP phones

Kobus Wolvaardt kobuswolf at diewereld.co.za
Tue Dec 21 22:26:12 MST 2004

Hi,

I see there are quite a bit of problems with some phones. Which phones
work flawlessly and has a low cost?

If I want to hook up two offices with dsl using * and at each office hook
the * machine up to 4 analog phone lines (from telecom), what would be the
best configuration? Should I use VOIP phones even though I'm not
interested in the VOIP functionality at this time (will there be cost
savings by going for plain phones and getting 20 FXS's)?

Can I use * to route calls from one office to the other office through to
the telecom. (In other words make local calls in both office's areas from
both offices)

Thanks,
Kobus Wolvaardt

--