[Asterisk-Users] Linksys PAP2-NA not re-registering after registration expires

Gary Carr gc_list at carolina.net
Tue Dec 21 14:37:06 MST 2004

We are testing some PAP2-NA ATAs from Linksys and I can use the device to
make outbound calls as well as receive inbound calls when the ATA first
connects to the * server. After a couple of minutes of being idle the ATA
disconnects from the * server and will not take calls, but can continue to
make calls. A sip show peers shows the ATA as being unreachable. Resetting
the ATA or making changes to the registration expiry will force the ATA to
reconnect but after another few minutes idle it disconnects again.

Anyone else seeing this with these devices or have a idea why this happens?
We don't have this problem with Cisco7960s or X-Ten softphones.

Thanks,

Gary