[Asterisk-Users] Call routing based on remote ip address.

Bruno Hertz brrhtz at yahoo.de
Tue Dec 21 11:55:35 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 11:23 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> I don't know about chan_h323 because I don't use it, but certainly the
> other IP channel drivers allow you to control access to your "type=user"
> entries via many means: IP, password, RSA key, etc. There is no way for
> any user to get to the _dialplan_ if they can't authenticate as a user,
> so there is no need for this level of access control in the dialplan itself.

Many thanks Kevin, so it's done via channel config and not dial plan
routing, I then presume due to protocol specific auth schemes. Very good
to know that.

In the meantime, I digged further and found that at least with oh323 ip
address based routing can be done with gotoif and the oh323_raddr
variable. This thankfully invalidates my original complaint, too :)

But I must say I'd still very much like if an identity concept related
to ip networking was available at dial plan level. Hopefully it's gonna
happen sometime in the future.

Anyway, consider this as settled as far as I am concerned, and again
thanks very much.

Regards, Bruno.