[Asterisk-Users] Problem using SPA-2000 behind NAT

Patrick Conroy patrick.j.conroy at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 10:50:45 MST 2004

> Start by setting your SPA-2000's IP address as the DMZ address on your
> router. If everything works all of a sudden then that's a good start. I did
> this and it least it told me that all was well with the adapter itself.

OK, I did this.  As long as I leave the Ext IP address set to the
external IP of the router, set "Substitute VIA Addr" to yes, and set
"Enable NAT Mapping" to yes, I can get one-way audio out to the SPA,
but no audio back when the call is initiated to the SPA.  I can still
get two-way audio when the call is initiated by the SPA.

> What type of NAT router are you using? I have been successful so far with a
> Linksys, Dlink and Airlink Plus and the SPA-2000. I did have trouble with
> the phone not ringing after a few minutes of sitting after power up, I
> solved this eventually by enabling "NAT Keep Alive" in the Sipura settings.

I am using a Buffalo AirStation WBR-G54, if that helps.  But, X-PRO
works fine behind the same router, so I really think it is a Sipura
configuration issue.

Thanks,
Patrick