[Asterisk-Users] Troubleshooting Asterisk

Michael Løjtnant ml at zyxel.dk
Tue Dec 21 03:21:58 MST 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 09:45:34 -0000
"Paul Brock" <Paul at westcomuk.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Success! Managed to get internal calls working no problems!!
>
> Now... I have set up the IAX settings... still if I call an external number
> it doesn’t work... now any idea how can I get the pbx to route out to
> someone like voiptalk, and then to the big wide world?

Great :-)

If you use context=from-sip in sip.conf, you should include the [voiptalk] context into your [from-sip] context. (in the extension.conf)

eg.

[from-sip]

include => 2001
include => 2002
include => voiptalk

This way the Cisco's can call eachother, and dialout using the dial-patterns defined in [voiptalk]

> I'm documenting my experiences with *, with the view to releasing some kind
> of "noddy" guide on how to set this up :)

Sounds good :-)

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best regards

Michael Løjtnant - Systems Engineer
ZyXEL Communications A/S
Columbusvej 5 - 2860 Søborg
Tel (+45) 3955 0700 - Fax (+45) 3955 0707