[Asterisk-Users] ISDN outgoing calls problem

Eduardo López Martínez elopez at dit.upm.es
Tue Dec 21 01:35:14 MST 2004

Hello all,

I'm trying to make phone calls from a softphone through an ISDN line. The
problem I have is that when I try to make a call (outgoing) my ISDN card
does not respond.

The point is that i am being able to make phone calls from an ISDN phone
connected to a ISDN-PBX (the same ISDN-PBX where I connect my
Asterisk-computer).

My ISDN Hardware
------------

DIVA Server 4Bri

My OS
-------
Suse 8.1

My config
----------

**MODEM.CONF**
[interfaces]
context=INCOMING_ISDN
driver=i4l
language=es
type=autodetect

dialtype=tone

mode=immediate

group=1
msn=204
incomingmsn=*,0
outgoingmsn=0,edu,*,f10
device=>/dev/ttyI0
;device=>/dev/ttyI1
;device=>/dev/ttyI2
;device=>/dev/ttyI3
;device=>/dev/ttyI4
;device=>/dev/ttyI5
;device=>/dev/ttyI6
;device=>/dev/ttyI7

**SIP.CONF**
context=INCOMING-SIP		; Default context for incoming calls
[edu]
type=friend
username=edu
host=dynamic
diallow=all
allow=gsm
;allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

[edu2]
type=friend
username=edu2
host=dynamic
diallow=all
allow=gsm
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw

**EXTENSION.CONF**
[INCOMING-SIP]
exten=>6000,1,Dial,SIP/edu
exten=>7000,1,Dial,SIP/edu2
exten=>4000,1,Dial,Modem/ttyI0:210

[INCOMING_ISDN]
exten=>s,1,Wait(1)
exten=>s,2,Answer
exten=>s,3,Dial,SIP/edu

My ISDN phone extension is 210 and my ISDN card extension is 204 (in my
ISDN-PBX).
I'm using Windows Messenger 4.6 as SIP softphone.

What I get when I try to make a phone call from my messenger to the ISDN
phone is:

Asterisk Ready.
*CLI>     -- Registered SIP 'edu' at 138.4.24.61 port 14165 expires 120
    -- Saved useragent "RTC/1.2.4949" for peer edu
    -- Executing Ringing("SIP/edu-7d39", "Modem/ttyI0:210") in new stack
    -- Executing Dial("SIP/edu-7d39", "Modem/ttyI0:210") in new stack
    -- Called ttyI0:210

But the phone does not ring.

Any help, please?