[Asterisk-Users] Toshiba DK-40 and Asterisk...possible?

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Mon Dec 20 19:35:06 MST 2004

Hello Brian,

First of all, thanks for replying.

On Mon, 2004-20-12 at 18:15 -0600, Brian Roy wrote:
> I have a Toshiba DK 280 that is connected to our Asterisk server here.
> We have it connected in two ways right now. A T1 card going from the
> Toshiba to a T100p on the * box. And we also have analog extensions
> from the Toshiba going into a Adit 600. The analog extensions are for
> doing transfers from the Toshiba to the * box. Unfortunately, Tie
> lines on the toshiba do not support unsupervised trunk to trunk
> transfers.

I didn't realize until after I had sent the email that connecting the
phones to Asterisk isn't necessary: I could just put Asterisk in front
of the Toshiba.  This way calls would come into the Asterisk box, and
via the dial plan, be routed to either IP Phones or to the extensions on
the Toshiba.

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get the two working together.  A
few questions:

1) Why do you need the T100p when you have the analog extensions?  Are
calls coming into the Toshiba first, then sent via the T100p to
Asterisk?

2) Did you lose any of features on the Toshiba phones?

> Anyway, you will definitely be able to integrate the two, it just
> might take a little effort.

Well, I'm certainly willing to give it a try as long as the client is
willing to pay for the test run. :)

Again, thanks for the info.

Regards,

Ranbir