[Asterisk-Users] Making a queue menu not exit the queue

Mon Dec 20 19:27:46 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 02:42, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Ryan O'Connell wrote:
>
> > Idea, fairly obviously, being that the caller can select their own
> > on-hold music. However, at the moment a context menu in a queue exits
> > the queue. Is there any way to make this not happen? Nothing obvious in
> > the source to suggest it's possible as of 1.0.2...
>
> No, this is not currently possible, and it would be quite difficult to add.
>
> At best you will be able to let the caller exit the queue and re-enter
> with different moh, but that's not too good for the caller to lose their
> position :-)

One option I could think of is when the user exits the queue based on
the quotcon, we create a channel variable called "QPOS" or something
obvious... then we just set a variable "SETQPOS" to specify where in the
queue this person should be.

Another use of this (which is already partly done) is to give priority
to a class of caller based on the PRIORITY or similar channel var...

Regards,
Adam