[Asterisk-Users] How to allow users to dial certain numbers

Wilson Pickett spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 12:04:45 MST 2004

> I am not sure how I should call it, .... so I cannot find it in the wiki
> either ;-(

That *is* a problem...

> I want that extension 601 can dial every number (extension, function
<snip>
> How can I build up such restrictions?

What you want to do is done by using contexts in extensions.conf (aka
the dialplan).

Here is a good start:

http://asteriskdocs.org

Find, download and read the latest PDF version of this document as it
contains a detailed answer to this question and many others.

Here are two excellent articles for breaking ground with asterisk:

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2003/07/03/asterisk.html
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/01/22/asterisk2.html

And yet another start from scratch guide:

http://automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm